Wednesday, October 8, 2014

[OTOME] Shall we date? Games Overview NTT Solmare Corp FREE TO PLAY

NTT Solmare games was the beginning to the otome mobile game line I've played along with Voltage but this post will just be on the Shall we Date Free to Play games only in an overview.

Overall How the Games run : 
-Log in Bonus : You can be consistent and get better prizes depending how many days you log in, however it's only 7-10 days worth and it usually resets back to 1 after the set days are up. Making it only repeat what gifts are given. And if you forget to log in, it'll reset the counter. The items they give usually help you out with getting through the game easier.
-Mini Games : Most games aside from Destiny Ninja has the mini game feature that increases your "stats" which apply to checkpoints when you play through the game. It's crucial that you make sure to use up your energy everyday to keep up with the checkpoints in Shall we date? games.
-Story Passes : These are your passes everyday you can read 5 parts a day. When it's out it'll recover within hours later. It's always almost a full day for full recovery but since 1 pass is several hours it's possible to play more than 5 a day.  
-Checkpoints : You can't just read the story as leisure. Which is why I suggest it isn't bad if you want to buy the overall route for a price for some of their paid versions. (There are a few that is route limited meaning the free version has more characters... I really hope they change that someday but it's not likely.) In order to pass checkpoints to continue the story it's either x amount of items or a certain "stat" level. Sometimes you have to hoard items over time or even wait another day to pass the checkpoint. However it is doable if you do not want to pay, you just need patience.
-Bonus : Sometimes NTT Solmare will gift in game occasionally for playing more than one of their game at the same time, random events + sub stories. You have to check around for those and I will be noting a few of those I have experience with the overview.

FREE TO PLAY
Was one of the first Shall we date? games I played. I really enjoyed it for what it was back then. I still play it and I have enjoyed most of the substories they added. Especially those with CG, they however have a few substories only for people who are willing to pay which is a bit unfortunate but understandable.
 Kazemasa's Route Review : http://imariyumiki.blogspot.com/search/label/destiny%20ninja

Another one of their earlier games, I played this when it was with Gree. Which was very hard to pass... with Gree... gladly they released their own version and I have enjoyed it much more. For the Gree version I was after Sasuke and in the current one I am Hanzo's route. It's been enjoyable so far, hopefully I will finish his route soon to do a proper review.

I remember seeing this around back then but only playing through it now. I'm almost near the ending and I choose Alvah as the main route. He's pretty cute overall but more will come when I actually finish his route.
  
A personal favorite of mines from their games. I really liked this game and have a full review below. I want to go for another character but I did Hajime's route / bought his story for reading purposes on the paid version. Currently they have a cross over with Lost Island characters and I just finished playing through it. It was well worth the read. They just uploaded another sub story with Trick & Treat I want Hajime so badly, he's so cute haha. I would highly suggest people to pick up Mononoke Kiss if you want a good game to start off with~
Hajime's Route Review : http://imariyumiki.blogspot.com/search/label/mononoke%20kiss

I really liked Ruvel from the main three, then they added more characters... especially the one above...

Which caught me to play through his route. I am on a fence however how I feel about his route and character as a whole but I will see. I did demo Reiner a bit and he was interesting but I missed the event time so decided against trying for his scenes. (Obviously it wasn't because I saw Raug getting stabbed by him...lol...really...)
I was very interested in this title when I saw this in their buying only side. When it became free I choose to do Ray first to see how things go but I am pretty sure Ethan is more of my type of character. I love the RPG feel to this game even though it's just visual novel style haha, the mini games I wish they were real gameplay. Ray... so far is mean interesting... but will post more when I complete it. He is more than he seems though so we will see how it plays out~
This is Hiiro no Kakera 4 by idea factory. I bought a route because the way the games are structured (idea factory games) for me personally I can't really play through the free version (styled with shall we date system) without pulling my hair sadly. Knowing how their games several chapters is static till half way in, it's hard to get into it for many. However if you do only the first run, I believe you can survive it, especially if you love a certain character. I'm slightly interested for the extra stories they placed up though. I will see, I have started the free one but I am unsure if I am able to pass it, I may go through my bought route first haha.  And only look at the extra stories they added. I really wished they added the original voices from the game, it probably carry it better but I understand the localization + rights they would have to pay.

I did buy Cindo's route in the past but haven't played it yet. I was currently going through Thumbelina until they just added Gretel. I honestly really wanted to finish Thumbelina but Gretel caught my attention. I will see how I will play through it mostly because Gretel has a current event for items but seeing the deadline to finish is probably impossible unless you really hoarded items... I might change my mind haha. I did enjoy so far the way heroine and the character interacts so it's quite a plus.

I remember when this first came out, I was really excited for it but it was paid route only. Now they had a free version, I went for Ryo first. So far it's interesting however the heroine sadly is a bit lacking for who she is/and the type of situation they are in. I will review more when I finish the main route. HOWEVER

::Sub Story Spoiler/Rant Ahead::
I passed the sub story for Ryo. I just have to say I did like it... but it was really short compared to Destiny Ninja/Mononoke Kiss sub stories and it didn't have an ending CG which I wished they did. I really love her art so it was a bit saddening... Adding I understand they are in a normal life situation but... didn't really have anything happen that was special in the end? It was like point A to B to C back to A. So I guess if you want to read through it, you should but don't waste trying to rush through it (like mindlessly use items/or even buy items to go through it...), since I felt it was a bit lacking. It had it's cute moments though such as Ryo getting all pout about cooking lol... I believe if they had maybe a more lengthy ending or a CG it would have felt more worth reading.

This was released when I was at Anime Expo. It was exciting to see their booth and work in person. I was busy during summer to not be able to catch up to the new game but currently now going through Soji route. The story sets a pretty serious tone which is enjoyable and I really loved they used new backgrounds for the game. I am looking forward to finishing this one, Soji so far seems to be a person with a past... I go after those a lot don't I? ;;;

Last Comments
In all I really enjoy their games as a whole and can't wait to see what they put out next~ I just hope they will be able to provide us with more illustrations and events everyone can participate in! I also hope more paid routes come out in the paid version, I would love to read their stories without being online/playing through checkpoints again haha. I'm probably asking for a lot but at least I know they are doing their best for their games so who knows what else they may do?

For those who asked about how to get the endings. If you really are stuck ping me on my social networks I can help you there~ I just feel there are enough hardcore dedicated route walkthroughs on the internet so I don't have to post about it. (Since most of the time there's only one way to get the good endings anyways...) but if you want to talk to me about otome/otoge goodness just ping me!
ヾ(´・ω・`)

 https://www.facebook.com/yumikichannel
https://twitter.com/imariyumiki
http://imariyumiki.tumblr.com/


5 comments:

  1. these are great stories i have then on my mobile device

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great stories i have then on my mobile device

    ReplyDelete
  3. The items they give usually help you out with getting through the game easier.gamerbolt.com

    ReplyDelete