Friday, April 11, 2014

[OTOME] Forbidden Love Johannes Route + Game Review

 
■Forbidden love with your stepbrother
You can't do that, big brother! If you do that sort of thing... we won't just be siblings any more!
-- I, brought into the multi-millionaire Jones family as a child from my mother's previous marriage, and Mike, a child from my stepfather's previous marriage, became siblings. An older brother who thought of his sister kindly, and a younger sister who adored her older brother.
Though at first glance, we were regular siblings, we both held hidden feelings --
"I've never thought of you as a younger sister even once..."

I never got to publish the review because it's a bit of a ranty one but it's my opinion since I've played many otome / dating games in my life and some things aren't my type of thing. If you do not wish to read or be spoiled please do not read ahead. If you enjoy this game do not take my opinion as an offense, it's purely my opinion and no one elses.

::START OF REVIEW::

The game starts off where the main heroine's mother is married to the Jones family and Mike Jones becomes her stepbrother. I choose Johannes route because he's more of my taste in otome games but thanks to this game I was wondering if I was still playing Mike's route. There was a misunderstanding between Mike and the main heroine because there was a Mr. Douchebag that was trying to "get in her pants" in the beginning of the game. And she was trying to be smart by going, oh hey, guess what if you want me then you give me a marriage paper lolol. But oh no, Mike overheard and figured, well that sucks she's a gold digger just like her mother get away from me. That being said he moves abroad for a while. During the time of misunderstanding she meets Johannes...



What annoyed me the most when I was playing was the fact that the choices you make for the heroine doesn't really do anything, it just more or less increases the one you are going after for's affection. She will stay whiney and indecisive through the whole game. Countless times I'm like, really say something, and she's all weh. (I don't remember how many times I facepalmed but I wanted to at least finish a route.)

Through Johannes story she still has the huge crush on her stepbrother Mike not just once but constantly brings it up even when she dates Johannes. (It's like come on game, why give me a choice if you just want the main two to be together ugh.) And because of this she also tries to break up with him. Johannes really liked her and always tries to cheer her up because he really cared for her.

Then my favorite thing of this game started to appear, yay time to add all the forced drama and predictable story plot everywhere! When you couldn't think the plot can't get worse. The worse mother in the world ends up divorcing Jones family because lol she frauded for money. It's ok, because after a few days of trouble (and main heroine was ignoring all Johannes calls because she felt she was too guilty to still love Mike and date him... *rolls eyes*) guess what daughter! We're going to have a new home! Guess where? Yup, Johannes's father because lol we used to be lovers.

 And then comes more, the two get settled as stepbrother and stepsister. She was content with that because Johannes just was glad to see her well and she was happy to have him near her. Although he sorta always crossed the line of brother/sister not that she pushed him away much... When things got back the way it was (where she accepted Johannes again) MORE DRAMA guess what, Mike came back and was like I was never mad at you and I heard what happened. I'll still be your good brother and protect you. /insertconfusedheroine

At least by now she sorta choose Johannes but nope story was like nah, you don't have enough forced drama so guess what, you two are real brother and sister! Cause the mom is the worst kind of mom Then comes all the fuss from the parents trying to split the two from being together cause lol incest. (but it's too late cause they already implied they slept together... but the story seem to have forgotten half way.)

When I was playing this part I was like, ok, guesses the ending because it makes sense when they throw so many weird plots in your way. Her mom is a liar, why wouldn't she lie about this too just to be back with money Johanne's dad? And when I passed it, yup I was right. The ending was where the mother tried to force her daughter to marry Mr. Douchebag from the beginning (which the mom also slept with before too...) but Johannes comes back from being obedient son and proves all the facts that her mom was always lying during the wedding. I'm like ok, yay, it's finally done I can stop cringing at the bland ending which was predictable. So what now? (engagement + an after story that I skipped because lol, I can't anymore, this game... Especially when it first started out with the heroine whining about weh I dunno about the marriage now...)


After passing the game, I have to say I really still do like Johannes, his character had really a good personality. Even though he was pretty spoiled like a little kid sometimes (nagging sis for things but it was cute.) his love was genuine and he ended up growing up a bit through the process of the story. I respect Mike because he didn't shove himself to the heroine even though he had feelings for her when he came back. He tried to help her and did indeed cockblock the bad stuff (Mr.Douchebag) but the plot and the heroine is the unfortunate part. Ugh, it's like if they had a better execution of the plot (and not all the plotholes/confusing parts through the story) it would have been better. Oh yeah, and change the main heroine, she is the most unfortunate in the story because her character written so badly, I feel bad for anyone who can relate to her. I've never been so annoyed with a heroine and she takes the cake. I felt stressed when I was playing this game haha and it's never really been like that.

I'll be honest, I feel Mike route will be better because of the huge bias they placed into it. However I can't play on because of the main heroine so I stopped after I finished Johannes.  This game was one of the reasons I stopped playing mobile otome games for a while too so yeah~

::END OF REVIEW::


Thank you for reading and honestly I really felt that this game need more time to think of what they wanted instead of placing random plots everywhere and forced drama does not make it a darker otome game. (It's not a dark otome game by any means... try Can't Say No if you want dark...)

I heard there was a second game that is a different story/characters but I'm reluctant to try it because how bad this one was. But who knows, since I'm in the mood to play all kinds of otome games I might... just to see if they have changedthewriter a different story.

The big thing I liked from the game though is the visuals, the art is very pleasing and I really liked the art. I just wished they had more artworks haha.

Download the Game @ Googleplay : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.jp.verygood.kindan.en.droid&hl=en

((Old version is gone and only has the new version. It's the same exact game though.))

4 comments:

  1. How do you get the route of Johannes ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They let you select after the beginning prologue unless they changed it now since they added new characters. But it should still be the same!

      Delete
  2. So they aren't actual siblings?

    ReplyDelete