Wednesday, April 30, 2014

[OTOME] Shall we date?: Mononoke Kiss Hajime Route & Review



Shall we date?: Mononoke Kiss

“Shall we date?: Mononoke Kiss” is a novel type dating simulation game, depicting a forbidden romance between a princess (a player) and a mononoke (a handsome humanoid monster). The story starts with a scene in which mononokes attack a castle. All of a sudden a mysterious beautiful man appears in front of the princess and saves her from a danger; they leave the castle to escape from the mononokes. At first the princess feels uneasy about the man, but as they spend time together, she has started to fall for him.

Ok I need to be honest. Half way through I ended up just buying Hajime's full story.
That's how much I liked the two characters together and how much I wanted to see the ending if that explains how I felt when playing the game. (And I can just read it again whenever I want without being online/clearing checkpoints.)

I am still playing the free version though and plan to go through other character route when I finish getting that last checkpoint through but I know the story which makes me want to see the other character routes which I will switch after I complete Hajime.

First off, omg Hajime, did I ever think you'd be a character I like so much. I wasn't sure when I first choose his route because I was attracted in what type of character he would turn out to be. When he teases the heroine I was like huhhh even though he can be super whatever sometimes acting without emotion. But when the heroine teased him back I was like. That's it. I'm sold, get together already! (hence why I bought the full story, too much cute I can't handle by waiting)

::START OF REVIEW:: 

So the story begins where her father is killed by this demon shifting guy who knew of the heroine's mother. The one you choose will come out and save her starting off their story.

However after Hajime saves the heroine he's like you're ok right? alright bye. lol ok. She wouldn't take that of course because she has no one left and is confused with the situation. She chases after Hajime and asks him why he leaving without her. He then agrees to takes care of her by letting her follow along with him.


Shortly after the incident they get rained on and they hide in the cave to dry off. He tells her to take off her clothes and of course she's like wut no you perv. Even though his intentions was to have her dry off, they get a bit of a misunderstanding and she's like leave me alone. Of course, he's like ok and runs off lol. She goes after him again finally settling not having to run off again. (my feeling at this moment was what was this relationship, obviously she's pretty tsun and he's like sure ok! without showing any anger or emotion except when he teases her.)

The cuteness starts when he decided to have her change her kimono because she can't show off she's miss royalty. He pays for a common kimono and she's like I'll pay you back somehow and he was like well you can with your body... Just kidding! (such a tease but it's only starting and I still don't know if he was half joking lol.)

And Hajime later cons some drunks for money so they can have "fun" instead of worrying about the money issue. Causing a fight which Hajime's face gets a cut.

Next up is the scene where they had to share a room together for the night and he stepped up his teasing level by making moves on her. She starts tearing up because she didn't know what to do and he freaks out going I was just joking don't cry. 。◕‿◕。 (fffff the panic was adorable, Hajime is suppose to be all pokerface but he is starting to lose his cool around her.) She knows he got injured because of her and tells Hajime not to move to lick his face because she heard it heals wounds (haha) but surprisingly it works! Hajime is shocked that she made a move on him lol and she is like well, you tease me all the time so you got what you deserved~ (she teased him back, at this moment I'm like ugh cuuute) of course he's like tee hee well then I'll remember this. (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

He sleeps on the floor for the night as she had the bed. The next morning she wakes up and he's like sleeping on her bed on top of her sheets LOL. Mumbling her name in his sleep. She's flushed and surprised. She questions him when they wake up of why he was mumbling her name in his sleep and he's like what? It's not something you should know and didn't answer her. (lol Hajime) (*/∇\*)

They went for sweets for food because Hajime and heroine both really love sweets. And of course near her lips was red bean traces after they nommed. Hajime was like fufufu don't move licking it off her LOL. He was like yey delicious revenge causing Heroine to be all flushing and tsuntsun mad at him.
 
Then here comes Jinosuke again (the one who killed her father saying stuff like oh, your life is suppose to be with me I'm here to take you now.) She doesn't remember him well (because she had the hots for Hajime already jk) but when he transforms she remembered he was the one to kill her father. Jinosuke explains how she is actually like him a demon blood and they are destined to have babies. (Hakuoki moment lol except Jinosuke isn't Kazama hot nor that cool /bias) That's why she has the power of healing. Hajime does his best to protect her but gets severely injured and they only escaped on their luck.

 
When they are back in a room for safety Hajime is bleeding all over while suffering the curse fever and she has a hunch that she has the power to heal so she needs to try... So she kisses the injured Hajime multiple times. Until the kissing got numb haha but it worked. She indeed has the power of healing and his fever started to calm down. She wanted to find the best way to heal him right away and he's like well I think I know, but are you willing to do anything to heal me. She's like yes anything!

lol Hajime being able to say it like that ;;;

Saying so, she gets pushed down with him kissing her + undoing her kimono. (what about them injuries? lols) But how she reacted his start up he was wondering if it was her first time and he can tell from her reaction. So~ He stops. And was all tee hee I don't feel like it anymore stopping what he was doing. (wut Hajime lol)


The next day after a resting for the night his injuries got better and she helped him patch up. After a bit of back and forth cuteness he approaches her again with the same type of talk but he tells her how he feels about that type of thing. He won't push her if she isn't ready and she's too Tsun to realize what she really wants of course.


Finally after all these scenes, Hajime remembers oh yeah I was suppose to meet up with my companions and blames the heroine teasingly that she was seducing him so he forgot.  (^~^;)ゞ

After meeting up with the companions (who were all sent to protect the heroine) they learn more about the reasons why Jinosuke were after the heroine and what they can do now. They learned his intentions with wanting the heroine and the blade for the ultimate power which was the heroine's mother's. His companions sorta teased Hajime that it was surprising he was a bit clingy to a girl and it doesn't ever happen haha. (cute)

They traveled together and got to a point where the heroine was alone for just a few moments. She decided to take a bath in the lake of course screaming after she saw some kind of snake in the water. Hajime comes to her rescue right away and it was nothing at all except she's completely nude in front of him.


At this point I can tell Hajime is just holding back lol and the heroine is like deredere for Hajime. Hajime gets a little close to her and they were close to getting serious until the companions called out for them lol! Stopping them. The day gets in her mind on how she really feels about Hajime. She knows she likes him (after all that constant teasing back and forth? yeah just kiss already and be together)

At night she noticed Hajime leaving where they were all resting and walked off alone toward the lake. She follows of course to see what he is doing. She talks to him and he speaks of the night... and then asks her if she would like to continue what they were starting this morning. And of course finally, they actually do it. (FINALLY how many times did you tease already Hajime.) |( ̄3 ̄)|


 ((*ノωノ)

But the next morning he was like how they first met. Cold and distant breaking heroines heart saying he was a man after all and he can't ever love a human (even tho she's half demon?) and tries to find ways to not be with her. (Hajime's dumb decision ;; just because your a spirit doesn't mean you can't be with her, but I know it's because he wants the better for her to find a human and make babies. but that's not what love is about! He didn't want to drag her to unhappiness.)


After all his futile efforts to make her away from him (from what I know from any relationship the harder you try to distance the more they just keep coming lol) he still would come to her side when she was in danger, but leave her right after trying to make himself look like a irresponsible guardian to her so the other guys can take over. (what makes you think they will give her happiness? lol)


His sad face though poor thing trying to think wrong ways. Yuki tried to assassinate the heroine (because she loves Jinosuke and not just his right hand servant.) Hajime shows his true spirit form. (I was stoned how beautiful his form was.)

♡o。.(✿ฺ。 ✿ฺ)

After almost losing her and she still wanted to be with him. He finally resolved his weird feeling of wanting better for her and just being the better for her. (-ε- )

Coming to the climax of the story where they face angst Jinosuke who is all weh your mom choose a human and lost her life. So now you will take her place and be my wife, we were suppose to be together and make babies. (while Yuki is all crying inside going Jinosuke-sama why don't you notice me? but does what he orders her to do when he's there.) (゜-゜)


Hajime doesn't have a lot of power as from his defeat before but still faces Jinosuke. After how much the heroine showed she loves Hajime and Hajime's injuries recovered from her tears giving him more power to be that hottie spirit form to face Jinosuke. Almost at the last blow Yuki blocks Jinosuke because she loves him so much. (making Jinosuke realize he's been an idiot and should've stopped emoing a long time ago with someone who loves him so much.) The heroine uses her tears to bring Yuki back to life causing the resolve between them and Jinosuke finally giving up everything. He disappears with Yuki and the end! 




 Depending on the choices you approach in the game you will reach the two good endings. Sweet and Happy. One is super sweet and cute with the other being sexy times again. Both are very nice endings imo I don't have complaint on them. It's like whether he can hold back a bit or not lol but either ending he loves her very much and won't waiver his emotions again.

 Happy End
Sweet End

::END OF REVIEW::

Alright, talking about all the good stuff through my review I have some things of course I felt are eh in this game.

First off the background choices, NTT needs to work on not using the same backgrounds for the game when I first played I was like wait wasn't this also in Destiny Ninja? lol 

Second, I really didn't like Jinosuke's character and his development with Yuki. It was really bland and slightly annoying. The both of them felt like they were written off just like any other bad guy with a love complex to give the story a plot. I guess I've played too many games and seeing someone so by the book was really boring. His transformation was pretty cool though but his default is as boring as his character. I'm sorry in advance if anyone actually liked him just my opinion~.

Aside from that I actually really wished there was more interactions with your character of choice with some of the companions. It felt weird when they finally got together and only had very small exchanges. In Destiny Ninja and Ninja Love at least there felt more interaction? Not too much of a complaint but would have been nice. (I just want more Hajime story ;~;)

And my complaint toward the free version, why in the world did you decide to make the last checkpoint 14 passes... I know you want people to work for the free one but that is a bit of a drag haha... Ah well.

So from that, everything was really good and I did like the overall plot story. Even though it was a simple idea the development between the heroine and character of choice was done well. I never shipped a couple so hard when I was playing lol. I actually feel some games don't pull off a couple bond well and this one nailed it. I didn't think much of the main girl because she had to be saved at first but as time went (lol bold enough to do reverse teasing) I really liked her. She was also more tsun than I thought she would be haha (and not an idiot all the time)

I highly recommend this game to people who want to play a free otome game with a good story. Even though you have to work a bit to get the endings if you don't want to pay you can get through most of the story. Just give it time, it's actually pretty worth it. And the CGs are gorgeous... (I really hope they do some spinoffs even though it's not likely... fffff Hajimmmeee~)

I will do another post whenever I get to the other guys routes but Hajime will always have a special place in my heart. Cutest couple haha. I'm glad I finished this as I am trying to finish all the other games currently which all have amused me in some way or another. Reviews will be coming for those as soon as I am done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment