Friday, April 11, 2014

[OTOME] Pure Love ~My Boyfriend's a Star~ Sou's Route Review


Pure Love

You could choose between the adult style of love with the 3 elder handsome characers and 2 younger brother-like characters to have a taste of first love. Isn’t it killing two birds with one stone?
Debut on the real stage of love to purify the dark and lies filled entertainment industry with your pureness!

I played through Sou (Fuuta) route. So I only have opinions from his route and gameplay. All opinions are mines and I hope you won't be offended with it. There are spoilers ahead so if you don't want to be spoiled please skip it.

::START OF REVIEW::

This game wasn't that bad but wasn't that good either. It had it's points in the game.  To me it felt like a typical Shojo manga with certain moments (huh, what are they doing, they were just talking just a moment ago. ???) It was a bit weird when the heroine first "meets" Sou. He was kissing up on the her (who didn't seem to mind...) and I started to regret my choice on him for the game lol. But as the game went on, his character got revealed a bit more and I started to understand him.



His apology made it much nicer playthrough after (why he kissed up all over when he didnt know her.) but it was still a bit weird. His aim for being famous was to one day see his mother again. (aww) But sadly in the end his mother was an famous actress who is a bitter lady that abandoned him to achieve fame, but now wanted to use him to get even more fame after he became famous. Yeah, so that didn't go well. I felt really bad for him but basically the heroine gets tangled up in the situation of being a friend/lover with the star.


Through the story you make only 3-4 choices. Then the final choice you make in the game (which pushes the ending you get) will be decided upon your last choice. Which they trolled me with because the % of love meant nothing, it was your last choice in the end ugh. So I got the Bad End first and then I finally went back playing through the whole thing again to get the Good Ending. (; ̄д ̄)

For the ending, they had no CG which was too bad because I actually liked the CGs in this game.

In the good ending the heroine asks him to always give him those sweet kisses like the beginning from now on as always. And he's like yay! Ok! So yeah... I mean there was points in the game I liked but the ending was a bit eh, ok haha. So she likes being kissed on the eyelid.  Σ(゜゜) Haha.

::END OF REVIEW::

The amount of time you need to pass the game for it being free isn't bad at all. (you play like 4 sections in a chapter a day basically.) But I really don't like they don't give you much of a choice but to play all over again when you don't get the ending you want haha... I won't be playing other routes anytime soon I believe. It was fun while it lasted! Make sure to check it out yourself if you don't mind a typical shojo story with some interesting moments.

I also heard that Koyonplete rebooted the game recently... I downloaded it on my new tablet but I haven't checked if they polished the storyline. If I ever check it out, I'll make another post.

Download the Game @ Googleplay :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koyonplete.purelove&hl=en

5 comments: