Friday, April 11, 2014

[OTOME] Can't Say No - Subaru's Route a.k.a Security Guard



Can't Say No
Every day, your (player) life is ended with exhaustion from the overtime work and your rocky relationship with your fiancé. One day, as usual you are so tired of your work and somehow you are drawn to the little cafe near your office with its rich coffee aroma. You sat at the counter and yet the first thing you can think of is your fiancé. But things are different today.
Your life is about to change when you meet this charming and seductive man at the cafe and you didn’t see it coming.What is waiting ahead? Will you able to keep your usual simple life or decide to take a road down to a passionate and dangerous romance?
Sometimes love can be dangerous in a grown up world. So can you say no?


First off the expression below probably explains my feelings to this game.

(◎ー◎;)

Let me be honest they never warned me this game was R18 and borderline "I will mess with you feelings & let me crush your heart." I know how far mobile games can go but this takes the cake for one of the most extreme up to date.

Not that I didn't enjoy the storyline, it was written like a Dark Otome game and those usually have really harsh storylines but it's well written because the plot didn't come randomly. Of course there are some complaints but if you don't want to be spoiled andloseyoursanity from what I will write go ahead and read the below. Or stop now to save yourself lol.

::START OF REVIEW::

So I played Security Guard route because I have to be honest when I played through the demo storyline I was really attracted to his Keibi-in design. (he's super hot) but I already knew I should feel off about his personality because of what his preview quote is. So I went ahead and got his route anyways. I figured how bad can otome mobile games get, won't be as bad as the other games I've played via PC before.


WAS I WRONG. I GOT TROLLED SO BADLY. Even though I half expected it... I wasn't prepared how far the writing will go.

The story starts off where the heroine has a douchebag fiancé who only pays attention to her when he wants to satisfy his needs, Kaoru. They are going to get married soon but he's ignoring her a lot while she's getting a lot of stress from work from her boss Akira. But luckly by her side there is this really nice good looking security guard who cheers her on all the time. (Name is Subaru btw, just the main heroine doesn't know.)


He always cheers her up when she's stressed out or working Overtime & treating her to donuts/coffee. I can understand how the heroine feels in the sense where she is getting pushed aside by her "to be husband" but I just can't understand why didn't she just break it off with him if she started to wander about her eyes on someone who is supportive to her & her boyfriend does things such as betrayal. Instead... She leads Subaru on with being a little nice to him.

They had a day where they met out of work and she is drinking at the coffee house (coffee is the new alcohol apparently, she drinks it every time she's upset.) and she sees him not in uniform but as a normal guy. They sit together for coffee. (but of course she teases him when he does, girl you are not single don't touch another guy. EVEN if you are upset/lonely and feeling a bit risky.)

Poor thing sends her this letter after that incident and I was like, you made him feel awkward what he said was right.  Girl check yourself!


Do yourself a favor girl, break up with your fiancé or stop messing with him. I can tell he likes you (but you probably don't) but come on, you're making this a bad situation for yourself even if your fiancé is a two timing douchebag.

But of course that isn't the end of the story, with her always overtime and the security guard doesn't always work. Recently she felt someone following her all over the place after work. Of course the day he doesn't work, she gets attacked by some Thug trying to take advantage of her. And then he comes to the rescue.
Well of course he was just coincidently nearby to rescue her. And scolded her being too uncaring about her surroundings.
(I also blame her boyfriend for never listening to her when she said she feels like she's being stalked and goes home late. What choice can she have when it's Overtime to work?)

He drives her home to make sure she is safe but of course now is the time her boyfriend actually is waiting at her home. While being all jealous on the fact she was delivered back home by another guy. (Kaoru you're the idiot for not taking her home every night, instead you BS when she texts you. And ignore her questions.) Of course Subaru scolds him as well for being a bad boyfriend.

So after this Kaoru is in the apartment and I was expecting some argument or explaining but they only fade out to the morning. (;¬_¬) And I kind of guessed what happened. WHY ELSE WOULD HE BE HERE.

The next morning Kaoru then gives her problems and they argue while she finally explains why she had someone take her home because she was attacked. (she remembered because the thug was murdered the next morning and it was broadcasted on TV.) So Kaoru changes the subject by taking off her shirt she just put on. By this time I'm like ahhhhhh come on give me a break ヾ(×× ) ツ and I guessed the situation right. And then I started to worry where this game is going after seeing how it's panning out.

So the next few days even though the security guard was in her mind all the time. She couldn't see how or what she can do in her situation. (break up with your douchebag boyfriend and stop letting him use you.) But because she didn't do anything it seems the day was coming soon where I will soon see the worst. (;~;)

Everyone at her work started to confess or try to ask her out including Akira her boss. (wth don't you guys know she's taken, what is wrong with everyone.) I almost wished this was a bad dream or she was hallucination because of her coffee addict lol but nope. So of course it looked like she didn't listen to Subaru's advice at all and "still" put herself in danger. And she is working OT again with Akira now at the office. (even though he didn't pull anything he respected her refusal) Subaru confronted her... With this face.


Nope nope nope nope nope. (ノ ̄д ̄)ノ /somebodyhelpiknowthatface

I knew what was coming, in his mind what he sees is someone he admired and liked turning into someone that doesn't care enough about herself or rather probably enjoys the attention. It's like seeing your dreams crushed... and that's where you turn weird.

(ashotashelooksinthepicture) I was like this is wrong, please stop. GIRL DO SOMETHING. It's not like he won't listen if only you stop talking to yourself and say it out loud. (A Hey I'm not that type of person and I actually like you would have helped. But at this point she can't prove much.)

Of course nothing happened because she finally sort of snapped out of it and escaped. (which probably proved to him that she wasn't that kind of person after all hence why he avoided her after this because his rage actions.) She just goes back to work with Akira trying to not let it bother her (because she did like him but she can't seem to decide what she wanted to do. She doesn't blame him for assualting her? I doubt she was smart enough to even know it was her fault for making him go crazy. Leading him on, not heeding his warnings and being in bad situations because of her decisions.)

Then the story goes on where they kind of forgot about this situation because lol it wasn't that important apparently. He went missing a few days and she started to worry about him. She also missed the time they were just casually talking touching to him. On the night she was by herself lost in thought, she gets pushed out into the street when a car is coming fast. Luckily he once again appears to save her. She had words to say to him but he turns away in shame and runs because (obvious who wouldn't after what he tried to do to her.)

Later she wanders off lostly into the "hotel district" after work which she crashes into someone she knows~ Rika who she knew in the past with poof! next to her of course is Kaoru. That two timing douchebag protects  Rika verbally and even pushes the heroine aside. (apparently Rika said that it's the heroines fault for always being busy with work... so I assume Kaoru is a big fat liar.) Rika yells at the heroine saying that it's best off she died in the incident beforehand. (wut so you pushed her?!)

All of this fuss guess who appears? Yup. Subaru appears to fend them off for being jerks. He give her comfort by taking her back home... But she cries a lot and she askes him to comfort her. So he embraces her giving her a silent comfort. (It shows he really loves her even though he is proven to be mr. stalkersan by now.)


Days go back to almost like how it was where he was supportive to her but she kept having problems thinking what she should do with her relationship with Kaoru and Subaru. (of course Subaru knows this and tries to cope the fact she can't seem to figure out herself with Kaoru, but it's not easy for his type.) It takes a toll on her body and one day she faints at work which Subaru quickly takes her to the hospital.

When she wakes up he was by her side and she hears his confession on how much he wanted to let her know that he really likes her and wants to do everything to protect her. Earlier he already told her how he did indeed watch her from afar during work because he had a crush on her because of her aura. (and that goes the same for everyone else too lol.)

He only asks her one thing is can she let him by her side to protect her forever. He doesn't want anyone to hurt her and even was willing to be just there for her when she needed him. I swear if this was the ending I would have been satisfied, break up with douchebag finace, let the guy repent his mistakes, tell him your true feelings (as much I hated that she couldn't decide), ask for him name jeezzzz and they end up together with a happier ending because he at least never would hurt or cheat on her.

But of course this game wanted to play with my emotions and crush it to the ground like that. 
You can stop reading here if you want to save your sanity.

During when he asked and waited for her answer, douchebag boyfriend appears and was all nu baby I love you, won't you be with me again, I didn't mean to hurt you like this. (I seriously hate Kaoru types, they can cheat but they can be all loyal to the one he loves to a degree. I'm like dude, get yourself straight or just be forever alone. ex. emotionally abusive)

This situation forces Subaru to exit with no answer and grief because douchebag boyfriend ruined the moment. She gets the courage (wow finally?) and does run after Subaru. (I was like yes!) and then asks him why he didn't say anything (why don't you have something better to say? (/゚Д゚)/ )  He leaves saying he had no right to say anything because he wasn't her boyfriend or anyone of importance. (which is sad but true, all your fault heroine.) not hearing her full answer because her expression supposly choose for her.

As I think this will end bad, it got worse. When douchebag boyfriend took care of her the next day, he started to do what he usual does with her. IN THE HOSPITAL ROOM. Of course by now she should know that she actually likes Subaru but doesn't have the balls to say it. She can't fight back douchebag boyfriend and guess what as he was molesting her, Subaru saw when he came to visit her.

..................................................
..................................
................

(#`д´)ノ

(If there was a rage quit button I would have hit that by now and hit the douchebag boyfriend + the heroine.)

THIS WILL TURN FOR THE WORST AND I KNOW I CAN'T SEE THAT GOOD ENDING UNLESS I SEE THE BAD STUFF HAPPENING. I was crying from the inside so much.

That face again. He knows he had no place to do anything about the situation. Douchebag was the boyfriend. Heroine never answered his feelings even though she was dropping hints. (Didn't you grow up hearing that hints don't work on guys, TELL THEM HOW YOU FEEL AND CHOOSE THE CHOICE EVEN IF IT HURTS ANYONE. Short pain =/= Long term pain) He did a lot of crap just to get crap. Well I hope you know by now, it's YANDERE mode on.

(━┳━◇━┳━)

So... he does what every other yandere does in any otome game/drama cd. I'm going to skip out on most of the details because reasons and his letter explains the most.
I never had spine chills but I did when I played this part asking myself why why why lol. Depending on which choice you made up to now, you get a final choice from two to get 2 different endings when you get to the climax of the story.

Sweet Ending
After ALL the bad stuff, you choose him and not anything else. You figure him and yourself out in the end. And SHE FINALLY ASKED FOR HIS NAME. Like really? It took that long till the ending to ask him for his name. Jeez, he knew your name the first time you met and you never asked him for his. How rude.

Happy Ending
Before all the bad stuff can happen she finally was able to tell him how she feels. She told him she never lied to him. She always was telling the truth to him. (to herself) so it calmed him and he realized the situation they were in weren't the ideal one finally curing his heart. GREAT why did it take it to the dangerous measures before you can say it. Was it that hard? Bleh, but this ending at least erased his previous behaviors after his few days in the Yandere realm. He returned to acting normal in the ending and they plan to get married. (Even though the break up with Kaoru sent him in denial lol, I don't understand Kaoru. Then it caused the crazy lady to harass the heroine.)

But gladly, she doesn't have to be in check because he knows he can believe and trust her.

What bothered me is that she never got his name in this ending. Like really, do you really want to call him Security Guard the rest of your life. Ugh, if they combined the sense from the Sweet ending of asking for his name and then the lather I would have been happier. It's still a good ending, because at least in this one, nothing bad happens really except the climax is always about the same which I wished it wasn't like that.

And then the Normal Ending if you sucked at the game or had no guide ending. Just no. It's not normal ending. THAT IS A BAD ENDING. I won't go explaining it but I had to double check what game I was playing when I saw the "Normal Ending" coming. So no thanks please.

After Thoughts
I really did feel that Subaru had a good development in the story, it was sad but realistic on how he became a Yandere. If he was a straight off weirdo he would have locked her away when he first met her. He did so much to even just be by her side (if you are used to other yanderes most of the time they are just selfish or always at disbelief. For him he tried to believe she was a good person until her actions spoke otherwise.). He just couldn't handle off the pressure and well doesn't help he was mr stalkersan though, it gets weirder when you constantly pay attention to someone. So I am not too sure what I can say about him and how I feel about him.

I'm not usually into Yanderes at all and it's a turn off for me most of the time. But how well written it was on his end, I felt that it was sad but realistic how a person can change due to misunderstanding and mistakes... I only wished they stopped at the part he cried, but they wanted to hurt my feelings more so lol. It worked.

::END OF REVIEW::

...What did I just play. LOL.

By any means I may have been frustrated with this game at some points but the story was well written because I may have felt something coming but it kept me wishing it didn't because of how it was written. (They give you hope and punch you in the face right after.) Even how bad I felt sometimes I did think this game is unique and not really forced through out. (of course there are parts where I am like why. Like lols why you don't ask him for his name first but fall for him.)  

I have to say my most favorite thing from this game is the visuals. It's so beautiful, I need to see if I can ever find the artist for it, if anyone knows, let me know! 

I do not suggest this to anyone who expects a lighthearted otome game. I know the other routes will also be dark and twisted in some way. I know a few other characters might have routes some day but I will see if I can recover from the scar the security guard gave me to play any others haha.

Download the Game @ Googleplay :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nttsolmare.game.android.csn


No comments:

Post a Comment